2014 Aon Maadi Cup Notices Newsletter - Sitemap -
Welcome to the New Zealand Secondary Schools Rowing Association website. This site is aimed at providing schools and school rowers with an easily accessed resource of information about schools rowing in New Zealand.
Schools Committee new member
Bradley Fenner has resigned from the Schools Committee and Bruce Tong, Principal from Wentworth College [WENT], has been appointed to fill that vacancy until the next AGM.
Annual General Meeting Sunday 23 March, Twizel
The Annual General Meeting of the New Zealand Secondary Schools Rowing Association was held in Twizel on Sunday 23 March 2014. The DRAFT Minutes for the 2014 AGM are now available online.
Some items of note arising from the AGM include:
- John O'Connor admitted as a Life Member of NZSSRA.
- New members for the Schools Committee. Leith Menzies retired by rotation and was replaced by Scott Wilson. Members ratified the Board's reappointment of Janey Wackrow for a second term.
- 2015 Championships fees are now set. NISSC and SISSC fees have been kept unchanged. There is a small increase in Maadi entry fees but the Maadi non-progression penalty has been raised to $100 (from $40). The penalty rise is part of an effort to try and curb the practice of entering pupils in more events than they can complete.
- 2016 Championships hosts have been appointed but the dates for SISSC and Maadi are subject to confirmation. SISSC because the regatta duration needs expanding. Maadi because it is so late in the year.
- Financial provisions of the Constitution were updated (Articles 9 and 15)
- Rule 4.4 was changed to allow the use of shoes and stretchers with quick-release systems.
- 'Nike tick' draws have been ruled out for future Maadi regattas
The Constitution and Rules have now all been updated online.
New Zealand's premier rowing school: Hamilton Boys High School, winners of the Star Trophy! [Points table] Other major trophy winners were:
- Executive Trophy: Hamilton Boys High School
(Sweep Oar Champs) [Points table]
- Presidents Scull: St Peters School
(Sculling Champs) [Points table]
- Maadi Cup: Hamilton Boys High School [5:55.84]
(B U18 8+) [results ]
- Levin 75th Jubilee Cup: Waikato Diocesan School [6:51.43]
(G U18 8+) [results ]
- Simon Briggs Cup: Natalie Bocock, St Margarets College
(Coxswain of the regatta)
- Bill Eady Cup: Dan Kelly from Roncalli College and Timaru Girls High School
(RowingNZ's Junior coach of the year: domestic & international competition)
A big thank you to Ruataniwha Rowing and their many officials and volunteers who have hosted a massive and superb 2014 Aon Maadi Cup regatta!
2014 Championships Regattas NISSC, SISSC, Maadi
Videos for Maadi Cup are in the process of being edited. As they are edited they are being uploaded to the RowingNZ YouTube channel. Once that process is complete work will start on the DVD and downloadable video files.
In the meantime, if you need more information, you can go to whitetable.co.nz/maadi. There you can add yourself to a mailing list. Or, if anyone needs races urgently they can contact Adam Dransfield directly:
PO Box 11-465
Ph +64 4 974 4024
Ph +64 21 455997